Mouton its okay to blow him out of space like he was Alderion
Watching Umass Murder Michigan by Roll Out on Saturday made my inner charting skills come to life. I was miffed how I could call a Roll out on almost all the 3rd down plays but Michigan was powerless to even put a dent in them. I'm never one to do much charting and leave it to the greats(Brian ect) but watching Umass dial up the same gig on many 3rd downs had me wondering... How many yards? Whos at Fault? and that old Back to the Future II question.... Who What Where and When? Or Why? Whatever... On to the chart!!!
Roll out! roll out! roll out! roll out!
[chorus - "roll out!" in background]
I got my twin glock .40s, cocked back
Me and my homies, so drop that!
Disclaimer:My Crude chart is in no way better than anything Brian or TOB does(charting wise, not MS Paint). It maybe laughable.
|RO or MP||Yards||Responsible||Result|
|Roll Out||16 yards||J.Rogers||First Down|
|Roll Out||0 yards||Floyd||Break up|
|Moved Pocket||4 Yards||J.Rogers||Holding on Umass|
|Roll Out||13 Yards||J.Kovacs||1st Down|
|Moved Pocket||0 Yards||Mouton||2nd Down|
|Roll Out||8 Yards||J.Rogers||1st Down|
|Roll Out||10 Yards||O.Ezeh||First Down|
|Roll Out||7 Yards||Mouton||QB rush TD(Jonas its OK to try and dislodge the QBs head from his body when he tries to rush for the endzone. Wait thats a flag now...sigh/fuck me)|
|Roll Out||16 Yards||J.Rogers||First Down|
|Roll Out||5 yards||C.Gordan||Thrown TD|
|Moved Pocket||8 Yards||J.Rogers||1st Down|
- Out of 11 Roll Outs or Moved Pockets UMASS hit on 8 of them. Two were good Michigan defense and one was a UMASS holding call.
- UMASS gained 87 yards on Roll outs
- James Rogers was to blame for 5 of them.
- 6 of the 11 went for first downs and 2 for Touchdowns
- Mouton could have smashed the UMASS QB on 2 yard line on the TD Roll Out but for some magical reason pulled up and tried to avoid hitting the QB.... Still have a WTF look on my face.
- I'm surprised Robinson didn't dial up a blitz from the left so when the QB rolls right...BAM! But what do I know? Not much I can tell you that
- 5 Roll Outs in the first half
- 6 Roll Outs in the second half