Tate's Twitter Conference

Tate Forcier held a Twitter conference last night around midnight. It included all these random spits of info and deep thoughts.

QBForce QB Force
Why do we all wait until we are at our lowest point to seek God’s help?

QBForce QB Force
I’ve been kicked, pushed, knocked down, publicly berated, belittled, emasculated and more.

QBForce QB Force
There are plenty of legitimate reasons to give up or feel the victim.

QBForce QB Force
I had to reach rock bottom in order to see the light, and for that, I am thankful.

QBForce QB Force
It was not until then, I realized that it was my lack of accountability and maturity and not to pass blame.

QBForce QB Force
I do hope all my young fans forgive me and benefit from my lessons that I have learned.

QBForce QB Force
Don’t wait to ask God into your life as he will help you see things clearer.

QBForce QB Force
In summary, I believe, I will become a better student and a person of stronger character from these experiences at Michigan.

QBForce QB Force
I had fun celebrating with the fans.

QBForce QB Force
I even competed hard while injured as a true freshman through the last (8) games in 2009, but I always played the game giving it my all.

QBForce QB Force
I am proud to have been part of Michigan Football history and will always cherish the memory.

QBForce QB Force
The last few weeks I worked extremely hard to catch back up.

QBForce QB Force
I really wanted to stay. I was not giving up on Michigan, but in the end, it was made clear they had given up on me.

QBForce QB Force
With that being said, its time for me to go.
Wow, didnt know you could turn twitter into some midnight bizarre press conference. Not sure if he wasn't aware of the word limit Twitter has but it was awkward to say the least. I guess this is it for Tate at Michigan. Seems like the saga is finally over. I love Tate for all he did in 2009 and for all the great MS Paint ideas he gave me over the last few years(even signed some art). But his biggest fan MGOJen said it best in the Tate thread over at MgoBlog.

I've posted several times about Tate being my favorite player. I fell in love with his moxy shortly after witnessing Forcier to Mathews. I met him on fan day 2010 and got a picture with him as he signed my #5 jersey. I told him how much I admire him and how I'm so happy he's a Wolverine.

I was deeply disappointed in his behavior at the UCONN game and then quite impressed with what appeared to be his personal transformation. The comeback he staged during the Iowa game, though ultimately falling short, brought me literally to tears. In my eyes he had made mistakes but redeemed himself and was still able to stage his late-game heroics-- the team was better for it.

After the news broke shortly before the Gator Bowl that he was being sent home and possibly no longer on the team, I was no longer hurt or sympathetic but disgusted. While I loved Tate and believed he had amazing talent, I had had absolutely enough. I felt betrayed that he had just days earlier sat down to an interview explaining how far he's come, how much he's learned and how dedicated he is to this team.

These Twitter comments further elucidate how Tate Forcier is not about Michigan or this team but about Tate Forcier. Even if Michigan had decided to cut ties with him, there's a classy way to leave: silently. After he was sent home before the Gator Bowl, I literally took my cherished #5 autograph jersey off of my wall and hid it in a downstairs closet. I haven't retrieved it since because I'm truly upset at how things have turned out. The tremendous hope and potential contained in that laser pass to Mathews has tarnished, but only because of decisions Forcier himself has made. I don't know the whole story, but with public outbursts like this Twitter mess, I truly don't believe he deserves to be a Wolverine. I'm past being sad and disappointed; I think I'm finally over it.
Thats about as perfect as anyone can sum it up and thats coming from a die hard Tate fan. I feel that was always his problem. Tate was always looking out for Tate. I feel like he tries to say the right things and act the right way but in the end its just an image he is trying to build and failed at. Like I said I will always be thankful for the moment you gave Michigan and I hope you grow up and find what you are looking for but at this point when you say "Michigan Gave up on me". I know you still don't get it. Good luck 5.

Tate Forcier greatest MS Paints from Midnight Maize.








1 Response to "Tate's Twitter Conference"

  1. 4rx says:

    This is something I feel so identified, I mean this question: Why do we all wait until we are at our lowest point to seek God’s help? This is totally truth because we ask for help until we having the water on top of our heads.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme